Premium Choice Checking
What’s better than a free checking account? One that pays you money! What's even better, one that pays you the highest dividends in Northern New York! With a Premium Choice Checking, you earn Northern’s best checking account rate of return on your balance, as long as you meet three easy qualifications within a monthly cycle.
To receive the premium rate, simply do the following:
- Make at least one automatic payment or direct deposit that posts and clears.
- Make at least 10 signature-based debit card purchases of at least $5 post and clear before the last day of the month.
- Receive your monthly eStatement via online banking.
If you don't qualify during a cycle, don't worry! You will still enjoy free checking and there's no penalty for not qualifying in a given monthly qualification cycle. You’ll still enjoy free checking – you just won’t earn dividends for that
You'll also enjoy the benefits of:
- Premium dividends - the highest in Northern New York!
- FREE VISA Debit Card with myNorthern Custom Image Card Option
- FREE Mobile Banking
- FREE Bill Pay
- FREE Online Banking and Telephone Teller
- Access to over 30,000 fee free ATMs in the COOP Network
- 24/7 Account Access by web or phone
- No 'Per Check' Charges
- No Monthly Service Charges
- Payroll Deduction/Direct Deposit Availability
- Overdraft Privilege Service (on eligible accounts)
Minimum to open account is $1. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. No minimum balance to earn rewards. Qualifying transactions must post and clear to the account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post to an account. Intra-bank transfers do not count as qualifying transactions. PIN based or PINless transactions do not count toward qualifying debit card purchases.
For more information related to Premium Choice Checking:
Click here to learn more about PIN versus Signature based transactions.
To learn how dividends and APY are calucated visit our Dividend and APY Education Page.