Tips for Creating a Strong Password
Important Tips When Creating a Username or Password
- Do not use spouse, children or pets names that can be easily guessed.
- Do not use birthdates or anniversaries as these can often be found online or through social media channels.
- Do not put capitals at the start of your password, or symbols at the end. These are natural habits that hackers can predict.
- Use a different password for each account. This way if one account password is compromised your other accounts are not at risk.
- Do not recycle passwords because this creates an easily predicted pattern.
Adopt Safe Online Banking Practices
- Regularly changing your password offers many security benefits.
- Do not store your password on public devices.
- If you record your password ensure it is in a safe location that nobody can access.
- Select ‘don’t show’ your password when typing if provided the option.
- Do not use unknown devices that may not be secure.
- Do not access secure information from a public computer.
- Never share your login information.
Not sure how to change your password? Watch the video below to learn how!
For additional Online and Mobile Banking do’s and don’ts be sure to check out our Fraud Prevention article.