Our Basic Savings account is designed to help you establish financial security. We offer the essential benefits of a saving account – small opening deposits and minimum balances, unlimited deposits and withdrawals, ATM access – and a premium rate of interest. It’s a good first step in your achieving your personal objectives.
It takes just $5 to open and maintain your Basic Savings account and Northern Credit Union membership. Maintain a balance of $50 or more and you’ll earn dividends on your savings. Either way, by making regular deposits and earning Northern’s competitive dividends, your savings grow easily and quickly.
Here are a few benefits:
- Competitive dividends are based on your average daily balance and paid monthly.
- Basic Savings account holders enjoy ATM access, as well as unlimited deposits and withdrawals each month.
- You can access your financial information and perform transactions when it’s most convenient for you using Northern’s 24-hour Online Banking and Mobile Banking services.
- Your available savings balances can be used for overdraft protection on your Northern checking account (limited transfers allowed; a fee may apply).
- All funds in your Basic Savings account are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency.
Savings: Your Key to Success
Dream It and Achieve It: How to Set and Attain Financial Goals
9 Ways to Master Your Money