|Northern’s Easy Savings account offers a convenient and automatic savings option – one that lets you earn dividends that are higher than those earned with a Basic Savings account.
Easy Savings is an electronic, automatic savings program. You earn a premium rate by making monthly automatic electronic deposits to your savings account. Deposit options available include payroll deduction, ACH, Direct Deposit or an automatic transfer from another Northern account. Easy Savings is a great option to help beginning savers start off right or help established savers keep on their savings track.
Benefits include the following:
- With Easy Savings, you earn a higher dividend rate than available with Basic Savings.
- There’s no required opening minimum deposit– you can start saving immediately.
- Dividends are paid monthly.
- Easy Savings requires a minimum electronic transfer of $25.00 each month.*
- Easy Savings includes free and convenient access with Northern’s Online and Mobile Banking.
- One withdrawal is permissible each month.**
- Make unlimited deposits into your Easy Savings account, using payroll deduction, automatic transfers, ACH, direct deposits, or online or mobile banking transactions.
*If you do not make the minimum monthly electronic deposit of $25.00, your account is subject to closure.
** You are permitted to make a total of one (1) transfer or withdrawal out of the account during each monthly statement cycle. The date we receive the transaction request is considered the date of the transfer or withdrawal. If the balance is currently below $500, or if the withdrawal will cause your balance to fall below $500, you will be charged a $5.00 transaction fee for the withdrawal.
Savings: Your Key to Success
Dream It and Achieve It: How to Set and Attain Financial Goals
How to Save While Splurging