There are a few things to expect as we roll out new Bill Pay features, including a scheduled maintenance window on Monday, August 20 through Tuesday, August 21. During this time Bill Pay will be unavailable, but payments already scheduled will continue to process as usual.
All past payment history prior to August 20 will not be accessible through Bill Pay after this update. We know this information may be important to you, so we’ve included detailed instructions on alternative ways to access your payment history before August 20.
Detailed instructions for accessing Bill Pay history:
- Download 12 months of payment history prior to August 20
- Search Online and Mobile transaction history for bill payments
- View bill payments on eStatements through Online Banking
When Bill Pay becomes available on the afternoon of Tuesday, August 21, please verify all Bill Pay information is correct, and add any external financial accounts that you wish to transfer in/out to. For security reasons, external financial institutions that you have previously added will not be available and will need be added and verified again. Payee information for car loans, electric and cable bills, for example, should remain in place.
Important action items:
- External Financial Institution Accounts – Any recurring payments to checking or savings accounts at another bank or credit union will need to be re-established after they are validated.
- Payment Date – This date could shift slightly with the new improvements. If the date is incorrect, the payment date can easily be edited to guarantee payments arrive on time.
- Payee Information – Double check all payee information is displayed correctly, including address and phone number.
Some Bill Pay benefits that you can enjoy after the update include:
- Person-to-Person (P2P) Options – Send payment to friends and family through text or email.
- Comprehensive Alerts – Set up text an email alerts to receive reminders and payment status updates.
- Mobile Capabilities – Bill Pay features available online will also be on the mobile app, including options to add and edit a payee or payment.
- PayExpress – An expedited payment option that guarantees overnight payment to ensure bills are never late or missed.
- Robust Fraud Monitoring – An advanced fraud detection system that uses location-based services to verify risk and security of irregular activity.