At Northern Credit Union, your account security is our highest priority, which is why an additional layer of protection will be added to the Online Banking login process to help ensure your account is safe and more secure from potential fraud.
Starting Tuesday, July 9, you’ll be prompted to complete a verification code authentication when you log in to Online Banking. You can receive this code by voice call, text, or email, whichever is most convenient for you. Click here for a step-by-step guide to access the verification code or watch the short video below.
Important items to note about this security enhancement include:
- Verification codes replace the need for security questions and make the login process more secure.
- To ensure you receive verification codes, make sure your contact information is current. You can update this information under the “Profile” tab in Online Banking, by calling 315.782.0155, or stopping into any relationship center.
- Verification codes expire after 10 minutes.
- You can use the verification code authentication to register for Online Banking, recover your username, reset your password, and access the self-unlock process.
- To further enhance security, you’ll no longer have the option to “Remember this Computer” at Online Banking login.
- This security enhancement is solely for Online Banking and will not affect the current login process for Mobile Banking.