Northern Credit Union believes the credit union philosophy of people helping people and is dedicated to supporting our communities and the organizations serving them. Northern Credit Union will make contributions, donate funds, or sponsor activities to benefit the community and reflect the varied interests of the credit union members consistent with credit union philosophy. Our guidelines help us assure donations are used in ways that best serve the majority of our membership. These guidelines may not cover every possibility, special need or opportunity and we will make exceptions when considering donations on a case by case basis.
We will consider making contributions to 501(c)(3) organizations, agencies, and activities serving the following purposes:
- Education & Youth Programs
- Health & Human Services
- Community & Cultural Development
Organizational policy, budget limitations and/or federal law prevent Northern CU from providing sponsorship or support to: individuals; school trips; political, sectarian, fraternal or religious organizations; advertising in programs, bulletins, yearbooks or brochures, etc.; organizations or projects focused outside of Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Franklin, Clinton, Madison, Onondaga and Oswego counties.
Please consider the following when asking for a contribution:
- Requests must be submitted using the online request form to be considered for support or sponsorship.
- Meeting these criteria does not guarantee Northern CU participation.
- Consideration for sponsorship will be based on fund availability.
- Requests are reviewed once a month.
- Requests must be submitted 60 days in advance of date needed.
- Only one request per organization will be considered during any 12 month period.
Thank you for thinking of Northern Credit Union and giving us the opportunity to review supporting your cause.
To apply for Community Involvement support from Northern Credit Union please complete our Community Involvement Request Form.