Beginning this Friday, September 30 at 3:30pm all Northern debit cards will undergo a scheduled maintenance resulting in some service interruptions. This will not affect the usage of your debit card for purchases, however, will reflect the below back-end servicing updates. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding as we take the necessary steps to ensure the highest level of ongoing service to you our valued member.
This maintenance window will result in the following service interruptions from Friday, September 30 at 3:30pm until the afternoon of Monday, October 3:
- ATMS are currently unable to accept cash or check deposits. Mobile deposit is still available though our Mobile App.
- Register or point of sale transactions will be limited to the following:
- Consumer purchase limit: $1,000
- Business purchase limit: $2,500
- Consumer and Business ATM withdrawal limit: $500
- We will be unable to print new or re-print debit cards. This service interruption will not impact credit cards and we will still be able to print and service them normally.
- The automated number (1-800-757-9848) to activate and pin debit cards will be unavailable during the maintenance window. We will be unable to set a pin for the card for ATM transactions, so transactions will need to be run as credit until pinning is available the afternoon of Monday, October 3.
- Account balances will be unavailable to view at ATMs but they will still appear in Online & Mobile Banking. Login to Online Banking from your desktop or download our Mobile app to manage your money from anywhere!
- Your transaction history in Online & Mobile Banking will not display pending transactions during the maintenance window. These transactions will appear normally the afternoon of Monday, October 3.
- Cash transfer services such as Venmo, Facebook Pay, Cash App, P2P, etc. will be unavailable to link to your Northern debit card during the scheduled maintenance window. Services that allow you to send and receive money through an account number such as Northern’s Person-to-Person will remain available. Check out the how-to video to learn how to send money to people through Online & Mobile Banking.