Twenty-six students recently received The Michelle D. Salisbury Memorial Scholarship as part of our partnership with the Northern New York Community Foundation.
The scholarship is in memory of Michelle Salisbury, a beloved Northern team member who died in a car accident in 2009. It recognizes college- or technical school-bound applicants based on academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities, and the quality of their written essay.
“Education is so important. It’s an investment in your future and allows students to grow and develop important skills in leadership, critical thinking, and technical expertise, opening the door of opportunity to potential career paths,” said Dan St. Hilaire, President and CEO of Northern Credit Union. “It’s an honor to provide scholarships to these bright, aspiring students, and we wish them well on the next leg of their journey to further their education.”
As each recipient takes the next steps toward achieving their academic and career goals, we hope this scholarship helps each recipient supplement funds to attend college, including unavoidable expenses like books and other academic items, commuting costs, and dorm supplies that traditional scholarships and aid don’t always cover.
Each recipient received an invitation to their local Northern Credit Union Relationship Center for a formal presentation where they received a copy of The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni, which was the basis of the essay component for the scholarship and a reflection of the type of team member Michelle was.
The 2021 recipients are:
- Andrew Eichhorn, LaFargeville
- Anna Spaulding, Copenhagen
- Brady Hall, Harrisville
- Briar Schweinsberg, South Lewis
- Bridget Doherty, IHC
- Chantel McCarthy, St. Lawrence Central
- Chloe Tiernan, Madrid Waddington
- Colby Randall, South Jefferson
- Colt Lyndaker, Lowville Academy
- Cynthia Snyder, Lisbon
- Elizabeth Costello, Alexandria Bay
- Ellen Baer, Gouverneur
- Kelly Bloom, Parishville Hopkinton
- Mackenzie Spicer, Ogdensburg Free Academy
- Madeleine Rathbun, Hammond
- Madison White, Watertown
- Madison-Mae Wilder, Pulaski
- Mallory Marks, General Brown
- Meaghan Pierce, Heuvelton
- Mitchell Leeson, Indian River
- Morgan Trego, Massena
- Natalie Wetterhahn, Thousand Islands
- Shae Marriot, Beaver River
- Simarra Willet, Lyme
- Sydney Daniels, Norwood Norfolk
- Veronica Neff, Carthage
For more information about the Michelle D. Salisbury Scholarship, visit the Northern New York Community Foundation website.