This year, we’re proud to partner with the Northern New York Community Foundation to award scholarships to even more high school seniors!
Northern Credit Union, in partnership with the Northern New York Community Foundation, awards the Michelle Salisbury Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $300 upon high school graduation to a college- or technical school-bound student in each school district in Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties as well as the Pulaski and Sandy Creek school districts. The scholarship is in memory of Michelle Salisbury, a Northern Credit Union team member who passed away in a car accident in 2009.
Students can take advantage of this opportunity by completing three simple steps:
- Stop into any Northern Credit Union relationship center to request a scholarship application form or download an application from the Community Foundation’s website.
- Complete the application form, required essay, and obtain the required transcripts, along with the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Return the completed application and supporting materials to the Northern New York Community Foundation, 131 Washington Street, Watertown, NY 13601 by Friday, May 1, 2020.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST:
- Be a high school senior at the time of application
- Be attending college or trade school for the first time in the fall of 2020
- Be enrolled in either a two- or four-year accredited college or trade school
- Agree to use any scholarship award by January 31, 2021, at an accredited college or trade school
The community foundation will review applications in May and announce winners in June 2020.