Here at Northern Credit Union, we believe in supporting the community and helping local businesses flourish. Join us in our important goal by shopping local on Small Business Saturday and throughout the holiday season.
Here are 5 reasons to shop local:
1. Help create jobs in your community: The money you spend at local retailers goes back to your community. When you support these small businesses, you enable them to grow, thus creating more jobs and helping the local economy thrive.
2. Keep your tax dollars in the community: When you spend your money at local retailers, approximately $68 of every $100 spent will be reinvested into your community. That money will go toward better schools, libraries and parks—in your own neighborhood.
3. Support the American Dream: Keep the spirit of America alive by supporting the American Dream: Anyone can start a business and keep it thriving. When you shop local, you’re showing support for the entrepreneurs in your community, those folks who were brave enough to strike out on their own.
4. Small businesses give back to their community: Small businesses play a big part in supporting community causes and charities. When you shop local, you’re enabling these businesses to continue giving their support.
5. Explore new retailers and restaurants: What better way to try out the latest haunts in town than by spending the day shopping local small businesses? It’s a fantastically fun way to kick off your holiday shopping!
On Small Business Saturday, and throughout the holiday season, give back to the community you love by shopping local. You’ll be glad you did! Are you a small business owner? We want to help keep your company thriving! Give us a call or stop by the credit union today to ask about our business services that can help your business grow.