At Northern Credit Union, your peace of mind is our top priority. That’s why we’re excited to offer education and prevention tips on common unemployment and other types of identity fraud.
We’ve noticed a recent rise in unemployment fraud where scammers falsely apply for unemployment benefits using New York residents’ personal information.
While the security of your Northern account is not at risk, the safety of not only our members but our community as a whole is extremely important to us, and we want to give you the tools to protect yourself from this and future fraud.
A recording of our recent Unemployment and Identity Fraud webinar is available below. This includes education and protection tips on:
- Unemployment Scams
- COVID-19 Scams
- Employment Scams
- Impersonation Scams
- Social Security Scams
- Tech Support Scams
- Customer Service Scams
Check out these resources to help protect you and your family from unemployment fraud:
- Learn more to prepare yourself:
- What to do if you’re a victim of unemployment fraud:
- Protect yourself from unemployment and future fraud:
- Take advantage of EZShield Identity Protection.
- Add a code word to your account for an extra layer of security. All Northern team members will ask you to share your code word before completing any transactions or sharing information on the account.
- Are you a business owner?
- Protect your employees by monitoring unemployment claims on their behalf and alert them of any suspicious activity
- Please see below for resources mentioned in our Unemployment & Identity Fraud Webinar:
At Northern Credit Union, your peace of mind is our top priority. Get information on the most common fraud scams, how to best protect yourself, and what steps to take if you become a victim of identity theft by visiting our Fraud Prevention Center.
If you’re concerned about potential fraud, we encourage you to: