Texting is part of your day, make it part of your banking too.
Stay in touch with Northern Credit Union—and on top of your accounts—with free Text Banking and Alerts (even if you’re not connected to Wi-Fi). So, save your data and enroll in Text Banking and Alerts through your Northern Mobile Banking app to:
- Check your account balances and review recent transactions.
- Transfer funds.
- Receive text alerts with daily account information, including when your balance hits a certain threshold, when you’ve received a deposit, and more.
How to Enroll in Text Banking
Once you have enrolled in Text Banking through the mobile app, simply text one of the following commands to get started:
- B to 86020 to fetch all account balances.
- H to 86020 to fetch the five most recent transactions for all accounts.
- H acct to 86020 to fetch the five most recent transactions for a specific account (i.e. H S 01).
- X acctfrom acctto amount to 86020 to transfer money within your account. (e.g. X S01 S72 20.00)
- HELP to 86020 to fetch list of available command options.
- Text STOP to 86020 to deactivate Text Banking.
How to Set Up Text Alerts
With Text Banking, you also have the opportunity to enroll in any of the following Text Alerts:
- Daily Summary: This alert is sent once a day, every day, and includes the balance for the account and any transactions that have cleared your account since the previous day’s alert.
- Balance Below: This alert is sent if your balance falls below an amount you have entered into the alert setup screen. For example, if you set $100 to be the alert value then your balance changes from $150 to $75 you will receive an alert.
- Balance Changed: This alert is sent if your balance changes either up or down from one day to the next. If your balance does not change no alert is sent.
- Balance Above: This alert is sent if your balance raises above an amount you have entered on the alert setup screen. For example, if you set $100 to be the alert value and your balance changes from $75 to $150 you will receive an alert.
- Deposit / Account Credit: This alert is sent if the specified account has received a deposit.
Through this service you have the ability to track your account through messages sent to your mobile device without opening an app or logging into an account. With account updates as fast as your thumbs you can monitor your account in real time, worry free and when you enroll no personal information is exchanged, such as your personal ID, account number, or password.
To access these new services, please make sure you have installed the latest update to the app.
Here are FAQ and Upgrade Guides to help you enroll in Text Banking and Text Alerts:
Have a question? Call 315-782-0155 or contact us and a friendly team member will be happy to help!