It’s easy to open an account with Northern Credit Union! You can get started by applying with our online application.
Northern Credit Union membership is open to any person who resides, works (regularly conducts business), worships or attends school in Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Oswego, Clinton, Franklin, Onondaga and Madison Counties in New York; is employed by or a pensioner of any Select Employee Group (SEG) in such counties; and any family members of such persons. To learn more about membership eligibility, click here.
To help streamline the process, here’s what you need to get started:
- A photo ID (a driver’s license, state-issued photo ID, military ID or passport will work).
- If you’re under 18 and want to open a checking account with a debit card, you’ll need a co-owner on the account – as primary on the account, you can remove this individual when you turn 18.*
- If you’re under 18 and want to open a savings account, no co-owner is needed.
- Just $5 to secure your membership share.
- Your birthdate and Social Security number or Taxpayer ID.
- A physical address.
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- *If your account requires a co-owner, we will also need the above-listed information for them.
Have everything you need to open an account? Start your application today!
Prefer to apply face-to-face or in-person? No problem, you can connect with us during business hours by starting a Video Banking session with a team member, calling us at 315.782.0155, or stopping into the relationship center most convenient for you.
When you start banking with Northern Credit Union, you’re not just getting amazing financial products and services, you’re also becoming an owner of our cooperative, which means any profits Northern earns come right back to you through lower fees, better rates and higher dividends instead of going to a board of wealthy stakeholders or a corporate office in another state.
When you become a part of the Northern family, we support you and only you: our member-owners. After all, your why is our why. Whatever it is you’re trying to achieve, our goal is to help you reach yours. Learn more about the Credit Union Difference!